Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What the future has in store for me...


As I take on my day of classes, work, social and facebook life, I always stop and think about what my future has in store for me. I want to be an elementary school teacher with a minor in english when I grow up. I love kids, and I've always seen myself as being a teacher when I grow up. Now that I'm a freshman in college, I'm on my way to making my childhood dream come true. According to my boyfriend, Brian, I have the rest of my life figured out to a science.

Here's my ideal future:

  • Get engaged in a year or two
  • Finish college with my teachers degree
  • Get married (become the new Mrs. Brian Houser ;))
  • Establish my career, making final moves, getting house, car, etc.
  • Have kids 2 years after getting married (maybe still in the process of the last one)
  • ...and the rest is history!
Ta da! My future, by Sarah Jean :p

Anyway, my mom and I were talking about my teaching career, and I was thinking about maybe becoming a therapist....they make a lot of money, ya know! But I don't want or have the ambition to go to school for + 6 years....4 is enough for me. Hahaha. As I was trying to explain to my mother how I think my future would look like, we both came into an agreement that I should do a at home daycare when I have kids. First off, aside from being a teacher, I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. But with Brian and I going into teaching, that's not really going to happen, plus I would probably love my job, so why would I want to stay at home all the time? Yes, I would be able to spend quality time with my children, but I would be sooo bored and isolated! I need to have things to do, and Brian's income would not quite cut it. But that doesn't matter. Since Brian and I are both going into Elementary Ed, he will be coaching baseball and hockey (I'm making him for extra money and he's good at it anyway, hahahaha) and I would do nothing, right? Wrong. I want to have my at home daycare during the summer to make the summer go by faster, and the extra money doesn't hurt either ;) It would be small, of course, but $400/month/child with having a teachers degree is the way to go! I'm actually really excited....BUT I keep on telling my mom, "Grandchildren in about 6 years." She's not complaining :) I would be about 24-26 years old when I start having children. I want to have 2 kids by age 30 at the latest.

Have you ever thought so much about your future that you just want to fast forward and just get on with it? I do that a lot, especially lately. I am so excited for my future, it's rediculous. I do get my hopes up too often sometimes, but that's my own fault. It's also a HUGE influence when one of your classes talks about dating, marriage, children, love life and a person's future. It's a good feeling to know that your parter is so dedicated and commited to you that you are POSITIVE you will last forever. Love is a great feeling. I never would of known that at age 19 I would be so in love with a boy, and it's not immature, teenage love. It's a love that we both believe that will last a lifetime. I wish you could understand how I feel about him, it's rediculous. Anway, getting totally off the subject there! My bad, I tend to do that. Well, I better get to bed.

Peace, Love, Happiness :)

"The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book."  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment