Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dream it. Live it. Do it.

I think I'm going to quit school. I have absolutely no ambition to be in school anymore. I want to do my own thing, and that's what I'm going to do. My dream is to own my own business. A bakery. Sarah Jean's Cookies and Cakes. Yeah :) I like the sound of that. I've come to realize that baking is my true passion and I'm ready to do whatever it takes to conquer it. I want to be sucessful. I want to be known for something good. I want to bake for other people. It'll start small, just outside my kitchen and then expand to a place. My bakery. And then do catering. I would do parties, events, and other stuff. Part of the proceeds will go to Special Olympics and the Abused Adult Resource Center. I have a passion of giving back to people and businesses that gave so much to me.

My job has really changed me for the better. I love my job, I really do. Even though it can be rather annoying, hard, challenging, frusterating, and exhausting, it's so worth it when they appreciate you and give you a hug :) When I have my own bakery, I want to dedicated a day or a week to people with disabilities. I want them to come to my bakery and bake with me. On sunday, I baked for my grouphome, 2 of my consumers helped me put the cookies on the baking sheets. They loved it! And it made me feel so good inside that they were enjoying themselves. I loved it :)

AARC has given me my life back, and so has my counseling sessions, but they are mostly the same thing. The things that these women, and men also, have to deal with when they are sexually assaulted is more than anyone can imagine unless they've been through it. It's something that doesn't just go overnight. It's a lifetime struggle. It's really made me a better person today, made me a stronger young woman. Domestic violence is a serious problem in today's society, and it needs to be stopped. It's a subject that means the world to me.

I wish I could be multiplied multiple times. I want to do so much and be more than one person in my life. One of my dreams is also to speak to high schools, or individuals about sexual assault and how serious it really is.

"Back when you were mine..."

No comments:

Post a Comment